V60-02 cone drip brew guide
|Pour 30ml for pre-infusion.|
|0:00||Pre-infusion 35 seconds.|
|0:35||Pour 180ml over 45 seconds.|
|1:20||Stop pouring for 20 seconds.|
|1:40||Pour 180ml over 45 seconds.|
|2:25||Drain for 35 seconds.|
Rinse the filter with boiling water before and after each use. Between uses, remove the cloth from the hoop and store it damp in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator. Do not allow the filter to dry or it will distort and acquire an unpleasant "clothy" taste. When the filter starts to turn dark it can be cleaned with a coffee detergent like JoeGlo™; never use bleach or clothing detergents
Every bag of barismo drip coffee will specify a dose and a temperature. The dosage for this 360ml brew should be between 27 and 32 grams of coffee. The water in your kettle should be as close as possible to the specified temperature (usually between 88°C and 92°C) at the beginning of pre-infusion.
- Pre-heat the filter and brewer thoroughly with hot water.
- Load freshly ground coffee into the filter. Make a hole about 3cm diameter and 2cm deep in the center of the grinds.
- Pre-infuse the grounds by pouring into the center and circling outward. Make sure the whole surface is wet, about 60ml.
- Start a 3-minute timer and wait 35 seconds for the pre-infusion.
- Over 45 seconds, pour 180ml in concentric circles, making sure not to breach the outer edge of the grounds.
- Stop pouring for 20 seconds, then repeat the pour in step 5 (45 seconds, 180ml).
- Let the mixture drain for the final 35 seconds on the timer, then remove the filter.
If the grind is correct, the brew will finish just as the timer expires. Grind finer if the coffee drains too quickly, coarser if it drains too slowly.