1-cup "Woodneck" brew guide
|Pour 30ml for pre-infusion.|
|0:00||Pre-infusion 20 seconds.|
|0:20||Pour 180ml over 80 seconds.|
|1:40||Drain for 20 seconds.|
Rinse the filter with boiling water before and after each use. Between uses, remove the cloth from the hoop and store it damp in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator. Do not allow the filter to dry or it will distort and acquire an unpleasant "clothy" taste. When the filter starts to turn dark it can be cleaned with a coffee detergent like JoeGlo™; never use bleach or clothing detergents
Every bag of barismo drip coffee will specify a dose and a temperature. The dosage for this 180ml brew should be between 17 and 19 grams of coffee. The water in your kettle should be as close as possible to the specified temperature (usually between 88°C and 92°C) at the beginning of pre-infusion.
- Pre-heat the filter and brewer thoroughly with hot water.
- Load freshly ground coffee into the filter. Make a hole about 2cm diameter and 1cm deep in the center of the grinds.
- Pre-infuse the grounds by pouring into the center and circling outward. Make sure the whole surface is wet, about 30ml.
- Start a 2-minute timer and wait 20 seconds for the pre-infusion.
- Over 80 seconds, pour 180ml in concentric circles, making sure not to breach the outer edge of the grounds.
- Let the mixture drain for the final 20 seconds on the timer, then remove the filter.
If the grind is correct, the brew will finish just as the timer expires. Grind finer if the coffee drains too quickly, coarser if it drains too slowly.